Echo Lighting Design Gallery is proud to offer our customers products with the ENERGY STAR label.
Echo Lighting Design Gallery has partnered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Department of Energy in asking Americans to pledge to replace one light at home with an energy-efficient model as part of the ENERGY STAR Change a Light, Change the World campaign.
Every light bulb or fixture you change to an ENERGY STAR will:
- Use 1/3 of the energy of a standard incandescent light.
- Last up to 10 times longer.
- Save an average of $30 or more in energy costs over its lifetime.
- Prevent 450 pounds of greenhouse gas emissions over its lifetime.
- Help preserve our energy resources.
Here are some helpful energy-efficiency facts:
- Nearly 20 percent of our nation’s residential electricity use goes toward lighting, and it is one of the easiest areas in which consumers can save money.
- Consumers can save an estimated $60 per year in energy costs by replacing the most frequently used light fixtures in their homes with models that have earned the ENERGY STAR for energy efficiency label.
- Compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) last six to 10 times longer than standard incandescent light bulbs and save about $30 in energy costs over the life of each bulb.
- By replacing the five most frequently used lights in your home with ENERGY STAR qualified lighting, you can save about $60 each year in energy costs. Lighting fixtures that have earned the ENERGY STAR, combine high performance, attractive design, and highest levels of energy efficiency, so they save energy, save money on utility bills and help protect the environment
Additional information is available at the ENERGY STAR web site www.energystar.gov